Thursday, August 2, 2007

Wringing the neck of a guitar

Sometimes, all you can do when you see a particular video is just drop your jaw and wish you were half as good (or in my case, good at all) as the person you're watching. Probably just as under appreciated as a guitarist as Neal Peart is as a drummer, the Lead Guitarist for Fleetwood Mac has solidified his place in my top ten guitarists of all time. I'm not entirely certain of his position on the list, but he's there, especially after this.

His vocals aren't the best I've ever heard, but that's the kind of guitar playing that induces traction in most people that even attempt it. It's the sort of thing that makes for a right fine welcome home after a long (though satisfying) day.

Sometimes, the Japanese amuse me to no end. Watching Ninja Warrior is my little guilty pleasure (that, and Muppets) and puts a nice cap on watching several episodes of Cops. What goes together better than watching retarded people get beat down involuntarily, than watching attention-whore Japanese people (and some Americans) beat themselves down voluntarily?

Special thanks go out to my own personal attention-whore friend Sam for helping me out with a bit of javascript on here. Check out my random image on the left side of the screen each time you come back, or refresh the page. It mesmerizes you with it's greatness. Where else on the internet can you find Snake Eyes, Animal, Starfleet, and Autobots?

"How could this happen?"

No comments: