Monday, August 20, 2007

The Weekly

Sometimes, you spend so much money in a week that it hurts you to your teeth. Might be worth it, and in this case it is worth it...but that doesn't mean that your toenails don't jiggle everytime I think about it.

New bed: $800.00
Dog vet visit: $360.00
Paid off truck: $950.00

Peace of mind at not having to worry about this stuff any more? Priceless.

It's a nice bed, big rice bed...no lice bed? I made a rhyme. I could be a rapper. Either way, it really is a nice big rice bed that I think the wife and I will appreciate for a long time to come. Might as well spend the money for something you're going to like and is going to last you for a long, long time, than spend less money, be unhappy with what you got, and end up getting another one later.

The dog, of course, is fine. She sheds like it's her job, but she's made of tough stuff, and isn't dying. We spent the money to get her on heartworm medicine and flea/tick treatment, so that'll be an expense we don't have to deal with later.

Finally, I paid off my truck. Words don't express the joy that comes with this...it's mine. Not the banks. Hooray abounds.

Individual results may vary.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All great news! Congratulations on all of it. :-)

Mom

Anonymous said...

You write very well.