Friday, August 3, 2007

Kevin Smith is your better.

Returning from taking my Biscuit out to handle her now solid business out on the pseudo-lawn, I decided not to go back directly to my phone in the bedroom and have to see whether or not I missed a call from my wife, but rather sat down in my chair at my desk and perused the creamy top film that forms overnight on the internet. This layer (much akin to that film that forms on the top of soups and broths when left unattended) is without a doubt the best part of the internet, a meager taste of what you've ignored for the past eight hours before you dive heartily into the various and sundry digital meat and potatoes of "teh intarwebs."

I saw on G4 yesterday that Kevin Smith (of View Askew and Daredevil fame) was offered his regular sacrifice of a punk kid trying to match wits with a comedic legend of proportions so grand they can hardly be contained by the mans' considerable girth. The sound left something to be desired, but fortunately I stumbled across it on Break.com while skimming my internet soup.


Kevin Smith Owns Jerk At Comic Con - Watch more free videos

There's something seemingly poetic about watching somebody in front of thousands of adoring fans make an ass of himself, followed quickly up by the very person who you went to see making an ass of you. Almost a magical moment lacking only unicorns and violet clouds.

Say it, don't spray it.

1 comment:

The Double-U Show said...

John Q., you hit the nail on the head. I've seen Freshman Girls High School basketball be more interesting than Spurs/Pistons. I get more excited about a wacky hat day at work.