Thursday, June 10, 2010

Continuing disappointment

It's with a great sigh of nervousness that I decide to continue the blogging journey that I started so long ago (back with Awesome Report, which some of you may remember). Of course, I always have something to say (as is evidenced by the fact that I'm always saying something), but I can't imagine that it's always something worth writing.

As flattering as it is to have several people who are both close to me and just acquaintances ask me to start writing again, I can't help but think that I'm just setting myself up for yet ANOTHER failure, which one can only assume would count as not just a second attempt at greater failure but indeed as a fourth attempt, seeing as how the progenitor of this blog failed, then this blog itself failed, and this guy right here hasn't been updated in what we'll call a coons age. However, despite all my reservations about throwing myself headfirst into the blogosphere once again I'll do it, because I've been asked to do it.

There won't be a book this time (and let's be honest...there wasn't a book last time except for that one that I had published myself, and subsequently autographed to myself) and I can't guarantee any of the particular brand of funny that you've all come to expect from me...but I suppose it's worth a shot.

Besides, maybe I'll get a wild hair and decide to market a Greater Failure thong.

1 comment:

Michael Tangen said...

This vaguely reminds me of The Holy Grail....

"When I first came here, this was all swamp. Everyone said I was daft to build a castle on a swamp, but I built in all the same, just to show them. It sank into the swamp. So I built a second one. That sank into the swamp. So I built a third. That burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp. But the fourth one stayed up. And that's what you're going to get, Lad, the strongest castle in all of England."

So, maybe the fourth time's a charm? :^)

You should try Tumblr.com. It's a great blog tool, much nicer than Booger...I mean Blogger. ;-)